The sale at auction of the wines of the Hospices de Beaune remains one of the most famous charity events in the world and all wine professionals await this event on the 3rd Sunday of November. The 153rd will take place this year. on 15th November. It is the central event of Burgundy’s most spectacular annual celebration, known as the Trois Glorieuses.
Welcome dinner in the heart of Beaune hosted by Brigitte Houdeline (Ecole des Vins director) with Lynne & David Hammond
Welcome to the Ecole des Vins de Bourgogne (Bourgogne Wine School). Presentation - The Terroir of the Grands Crus of Burgundy by an expert of the Burgundy Wine School. Focus on the Grand crus / key figures. Commented tasting of 4 Grands Crus appellations.
Lunch in a restaurant and discussion on the theme "How to taste from the barrel"
Transfer to the Côte de Beaune, stop in the renown vineyard of Montrachet
Visit and tasting at a Domain in Mersault: Subject: being a wine grower in 2015
5:00 pm Back to the hotel, free time
7:00pm Pick-up at your hotel for transfer to a local restaurant for Dinner with a wine grower and Lynne & David Hammond in a local restaurant.
Morning free to enjoy Beaune Market
Late morning, Reception in a private room at the Hostellerie Le Cedre by a lecturer of Bourgogne Wine School. A four hour multi-sensory experience featuring Burgundy wines, including a Presentation fo the general principals of pairing food with wine.
12.15pm Pairing Lunch Focusing on the 8 families of Burgundy wine
3.00pm Free time to enjoy activities in Beaune
8.15am Departure from the hotel to the Hospices de Beaune’s cellar escorted by a lecturer from the Ecole des vins de Burgundy and Lynne and David Hammond, Bringing Burgundy To You.
8.30am Taste from the barrel and choose your wine….
10.45am Stroll in the vineyard of Corton, Corton Charlemagne… How to understand what makes Bourgogne so specific. The plant: vegetative cycle and cultural methods
12.15pm Lunch in a restaurant in the heart of Beaune
1.30pm Participate in the Auction…
Evening Farewell drinks with Lynne & David Hammond and Brigitte Houdeline/Ecole des Vins de Bourgogne
End of tour.
November 12 - 15 2015
Price from 1,455̇€
This price includes:
- Meals, drinks and service as described in the program at the following dates: Lunches: November 13th, 14th, and 15th / Dinner: November 12th and 13th
- The local transportation by minibus according to the program
- Course and commented wine tasting of 4 Grands Crus at the Ecole des Vins on November 13th
- Visit and wine tasting at domain Coche Bizouard in Meursault on November 13th
- Food and wine pairing presentation with the Ecole des Vins instructor on November 14th including food with commented tasting of 8 Bourgogne wines
- Entry fee for barrel tasting at the Hospices de Beaune new cellar with the Ecole des Vins instructor on November 15th
- Commented stroll in the Corton vineyard on November 15th
- The Ecole des Vins instructor assistance during the Hospices de Beaune auction on November 15th
- Full Bourgogne wines documentation
- The honorary certificate
- Booking fees
This price does not include:
- The accommodation - available upon request
- Diners (except on November 12 and 13)
- Transportation to France/Bourgogne
- Local transfers from your hotel to the Ecole des Vins on the November 13th morning, from your hotel to the hotel Le Cedre on November 14th morning available upon request
- Any services which are not mentioned in the program
- Any personal expenses or extra ordered in the restaurants
- Optional cancellation insurance and personal insurance. We strongly advise you to take out a personal insurance to cover cancellations
Booking conditions: This program is subject to availability. number of participants is strictly limited to 15 people. The Burgundy Wine school reserves the right to cancel if a minimum of 12 participants are not enrolled with a statutory delay of 21 days prior to the begining of the tour.
30% deposit will be required to confirm your reservation.